- Circular: people end up doing whatever they want anyway, or what they “care” to do.
- Can lead to favoritism or lack of impartiality, caring more for ego or those whom we like or who are familiar to us.
- History is full of examples where war has broken out or entire groups of people are mistreated because one group of people fails to care about another. That is how Africans came to be enslaved and how the Nazi genocide occurred, to give just a few examples.
- Being “caring” is too vague to guide conduct.
- Why care in the first place? The ethics of care does not help us to justify our actions in the end.
click on your home
to go to KCI's home