- Moral life is not so much lived by according with abstractions so much as navigating through caring relationships.
- People are not viewed in isolation as individuals but rather socially, in a web of caring relationships.
- People only ever do what they care about anyway, so this view accounts for motivation in general.
- Very flexible.
- Very sensitive to context or specific situations and unique particulars.
- Avoids the stereotype of the ethical theorists as “cold and unemotional” or uncaring.
click on your home
to go to KCI's home